The Leader as Coach
Are you familiar with the saying “God gave us two ears and one mouth, so that we listen twice as much as we talk”. This saying goes for leadership as well. Coaching means asking questions, not giving advice. Coaching means truly listening and showing empathy and supporting the coachee in finding his/her own answer. This training delivers skills and techniques to build your coaching toolbox and get comfortable asking questions.
Four 90-minute sessions
- get to know coaching as a valuable leadership instrument, in order to lead your employees more effectively
- Understand what the difference between coaching, advising and mentoring is (and when each approach is called for)
- Try out various coaching tools and questioning techniques and grow your confidence in using them on the job
- Grow your portfolio of strong questioning techniques to steer conversations with your employees
- Try out and be able to apply the GROW coaching model on the job; thus, being able to better support the coachee in finding his/her own solutions.